Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to Vintage OSRS Community & PvM!

Please Log in or Register to have full access to the site.

When you Register, please check your Spam Folder for the validation email. If you still have issues, please 

contact our leadership team on Discord.

[Update] Loot from 1k Brutal Black Dragons

So I made a post not so long ago about how I would be killing brutal black dragons:

I did mention I was going to keep doing it till I either ran out of supplies or till December 1st 2017. However, I'm going to put an end into this. I simply don't find it worth to do them anymore.

This is how much supplies I started with:

unknown.png

This is what I ended with:

ZcVw3s8.png

Proof of my 1,000 kills:

864jzsB.png

loot pc 1:

PbGeeYx.png

loot pc 2:

qUjzsJI.png

RDT drops:

dJTmEId.png

Did you know you can only get Dragon javelin head drops after you complete MMII ? I might have gotten more of that drop if I completed the quest.

Conclusion:

Apparently ppots dropped 1k while i was doing this. RIP Profits.

I spent ~4.5m ( would have been a lot less if Ppots didn't drop 1k in price).

I got ~26.5m worth of loot

My profit was ~22m

Expect the gp per hour to be anywhere from 500-700k Depends if you have 2 whole dragons for yourself. It's best to do it in a world where there are only 3 people. waiting for spawns can bring your gp per hour from 600-700k to 500-550k.

The loot is about 98% accurate. I might have picked up somebody else's loot if they were afking too hard. I also might have gotten some rune drops from being an alt at raids. ( The Death rune and Rune arrows might be off by a few)

Final thoughts:

Honestly... Don't do this as a main source of income. Not worth it at all. This took about 37-44 hours (mainly just a guess) to do while I did woodcut/runecraft/fishing on my other accounts. I did an hour of grinding per day. I eventually realized it wasn't worth doing it for a person like me. If you need a couple mill for a bond, then it can be worth it. Other than that it's better just do do Zulrah, Raids, or GWD.

However... it's not bad if you need to rebuild. What I did like about these is you don't need a lot of starting gear or money to start camping these. All you need is: 77 Slayer and Xeric's talisman.

F5elBbJ.png

This is the gear that I used.

If you happened to lose an Ely in the wilderness because you skulled in a non +1 world and can't afford my setup:

You can replace DHC for RCB.

You can substitute out necklace of anguish for a glory/fury.

If you have Twisted bow, then why the fuck are you camping brutal blacks. Go do Raids or Sara GWD.

I've never killed brutal blacks, are they afk? Can you do them afk while you do a high-effort activity like Sara or Raid etc?

1 minute ago, Cat Bus said:

I've never killed brutal blacks, are they afk? Can you do them afk while you do a high-effort activity like Sara or Raid etc?

good question tbh

Just now, Cat Bus said:

They are somewhat afk. You still need to pay attention every here and then. You can probably do it while you do Sara GWD. I don't think you can do them while you do efficient raids. Maybe you can if the raids are slow :P . I never had a chance do it since I used the same account to scale the raid.

14 hours ago, Boxxy said:

If you happened to lose an Ely in the wilderness because you skulled in a non +1 world and can't afford my setup:

You can replace DHC for RCB.

You can substitute out necklace of anguish for a glory/fury.

If you have Twisted bow, then why the fuck are you camping brutal blacks. Go do Raids or Sara GWD.

l0l ily but ye not worth it 4 u

6 hours ago, Kye said:

I thought you wasn't meant to bank bones when killing bbds?

I like banking frequently. Banking is really quick when you have xeric's. If I'm not a fan of leaving hides and bones on the floor. Doing frequent banking restores my prayer and refreshes my extended antifire + ranging potions. (I pot at the bank)

2 hours ago, Boxxy said:

I like banking frequently. Banking is really quick when you have xeric's. If I'm not a fan of leaving hides and bones on the floor. Doing frequent banking restores my prayer and refreshes my extended antifire + ranging potions. (I pot at the bank)

I was under the impression u bank hides but bone crusher the bones, saves a lot amount in ppots too